Friday, December 3, 2010

Moment

Today’s #reverb10 prompt: Moment. Pick one moment during which you felt most alive this year. Describe it in vivid detail (texture, smells, voices, noises, colors).

Wow. One moment from this whole year when I felt most alive… This took a lot of thinking and looking back through the year. I realized that I have done a lot of really cool things this year. I left the only real job I have ever had since I graduated from college, started a new job, took a trip to California, went on many a fun camping trip, celebrated my third wedding anniversary, went ice blocking and was scared out of a haunted cemetery, among many, many other things. It is hard to rank all of the wonderful things we have done this year, but if I look at when I felt most alive, it is when I’m in a club listening to music I love.

I LOVE clubs. Although, I could do without the all of the other people there. Ha! I love electronic music/techno/trance/house or whatever you want to call it and to go to a club to watch it performed live is just one of the best thrills of my life. The only time that Dave and I have been able to go clubbing this year was in March to see BT when he was at Club Beta. Ahhhh… so amazing! Here’s the scrapbook page I made from that night.

03-06

More than anything else about clubs, I love feeling the connection to the music being played. I love to feel the music through the loud bass and speakers - how it almost becomes the beat of my heart. I love to watch as the performer flips a switch, turns a dial or hits a button and then hear how the music changes - and then watch them rock out to the changes they just made. I love to close my eyes, throw my head back and sway to the music; taking in the feeling of the music through my body, the smell of fog machines and sweaty bodies (Ew! But it’s all a part of the experience, I guess) and experiencing the feeling of the world slowing around me and there being nothing else but me and the music. No, no I have never done any sort of drug. It’s just a fantastic feeling I get being in the club, listening to music I love. We really need to make it a point to do this more often…

The only thing that could make a club better? A pass into the DJ booth to really watch how the music is being put together. Maybe one day I’ll be lucky enough to experience that! Perhaps in 2011? We’ll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!