Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Community

Today’s #reverb10 prompt: Community. Where have you discovered community, online or otherwise, in 2010? What community would you like to join, create or more deeply connect with in 2011?

The best thing that happened to me this year was finding new community with my co-workers at the job I started in May. These women are absolutely amazing, and they welcomed me into their world with open arms. The work hard, love fiercely and would do almost anything for each other, and now, I’m in the club, too. Recently we hired a man (the first ever) for an open position in the organization. It’s interesting adding testosterone to our mix, but he’s fitting in well and even puts up with our mood swings and hormonal episodes. It’s a great group to be a part of and I am so happy that they all (even the guy) love and accept me for who I am and all encourage me in work and personal life. It certainly makes going to work that much better! I couldn’t be happier!

In 2011 I would love to dive deeper into the blogging community and make some online friends. The problem is, I don’t know where to start! There are so many blogs out there and I don’t know what to search for or who to follow that I may have some things in common with. Even if I find a blog I like to read, that person may or may not find my blog interesting, which is ok, but kind of kills the two way conversation. I’ll keep posting on my blog and try harder at looking for other bloggers with things in common with me and hopefully things will just click. I guess you never know what can happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!