Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Beautifully different

Today’s #reverb10 prompt: Beautifully different. Think about what makes you different and what you do that lights people up. Reflect on all the things that make you different - you'll find they're what make you beautiful.

This one was hard for me… I’m not so good at this, so I asked my lovely husband what makes me different. He said, “I am considerate of others and am always thinking of others’ needs and trying to make people comfortable.” What a sweet guy! I think I’ll keep him around.

I really hope that others would also describe me as considerate. I do try to think of what others needs are and what others would want, and I really hope others see that too. I know that sometimes I do things with good intent and then it backfires on me and I look like a total goof. Things like this happen to me all of the time; I really do have the best intentions with things and somehow it backfires on me. Everyone else may not see or know what my good intent was, but at least God does - he knows what is in my heart. This is where my blog title comes from, the song “Dandelions” by Five Iron Frenzy. It is my favorite song ever. EVER! Check it out:

OK, so it’s not a real music video but it has the lyrics.

The line “Dandelions, you see flowers in these weeds” is what I interpret as seeing the good (or good intent) when something looks bad. It’s the theme song for my life and, therefore, my blog title.

I don’t know if all of this makes me different or even beautiful, but it is what makes me who and what I am. I will always continue to try and be as considerate as I can and hopefully I can learn from the mistakes I make. I love knowing that no matter how many times I mess up in life, have good intentions backfire or make a goof of myself God knows what is really going on inside of me, sees the good and forgives the not so good. It’s an amazing gift that I am happy to accept.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!