Monday, December 21, 2009

Road trip: Day 5

We made it! Seven people squished like sardines into a minivan for 16 hours and we all made it out alive! It was a rather uneventful drive with few stops and dirty bathrooms but I am proud to report that I was able to pay for a tank of gas - after putting up a good fight with my dad.

Even though I enjoy spending time with my parents, siblings and grandma, it is so good to be home with Dave and Gromit. I missed them so much! We had some yummy salad and jalapeno poppers for dinner and watched "Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer" by the light of our Christmas tree and fire in the fireplace. Bliss!

Now we need to do the final wrapping of gifts in preparation for Christmas and get packed up (again) for the journey of visiting families later this week. My own bed feels so comfortable and I can't wait to snuggle in and pass out. Actually, that sounds like a good plan right now. Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!