Saturday, December 19, 2009

Road trip: Day 3

Today was the big event - Curtis' graduation! He is officially an alumni and has joined the "real" world. I can't believe it! I am so excited to see what he will do with his life and to give him advice and guidance as he begins this new journey. Congratulations, Curtis!


 
After the ceremony and lunch we drove around his college campus and I took pictures of Curt in his cap and gown in some his favorite campus locations. Here are a few of my favorite shots I took of him today.













After pictures we stopped by the Dr. Pepper museum for Dr. Pepper floats and souvenirs. I bought two six packs of Dr. Pepper made with imperial sugar to share with Dave and some of my work buddies when I get home. I hope they like it!

We finished up the day with a celebration dinner at a local Italian restaurant with some of Curt's friends who are still in town. We were going to order a pitcher of beer with dinner but to our surprise they didn't sell alcohol but you were allowed to bring in your own. Crazy! I've never been to a restaurant like that before. Curt and his buddies went out to get some beer and wine and they brought it back to the restaurant. Dinner was great and so was the company.

In the morning we'll be going to church to watch Curt play in the worship band and then we'll begin the two day journey home with another body and their luggage crammed in our rented minivan. Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!