Thursday, December 17, 2009

Road trip: Day 1

Well, it is road trip time! My brother is graduating from college on Saturday morning so I packed my bags and hopped in a minivan with my mom, dad, grandma and two sisters to road trip to Texas. Dave and Gromit had to stay behind because of work commitments, but I know they are having a fun time at home and will hold down the fort in my absence.

We had a good drive today – minimal pit stops and sibling squabbling and many naps and snacks. Quarters were a little cramped with six people in a minivan but we seem to have adapted well.

I updated my Twitter status all day from our various stops. That was fun because it gave me something to do and I think Dave appreciated the updates on what we were doing. I also love to have an excuse to use my phone!

The highlight of the day was when we went to dinner at Chili’s and were waiting for a table and some random guy walked up behind me, put his arm around my waist and said, “let’s go sit down” before he realized  that I was not the girl he came in with. Oops! Too funny!

It’s late so I’m off to bed. We have another long day of driving ahead of us so I guess I need my rest so I can have enough energy to nap in the car tomorrow ;-) It’s what I do best on road trips!

Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!