Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Valentine’s Day celebrations

Happy Valentine’s Day! Ok, so I’m a little late posting this, I know. But after my 52 hour work week last week I was a little tired. So better late than never, here is a recap of our Valentine celebrations.

Last month when we were in San Francisco with Dave’s grandparents we walked by a restaurant that had wonderful aromas coming from inside. We passed by it a couple of times and I made comments about how great it smelled and how we should eat there sometime.

My sweet and thoughtful husband took note and made surprise reservations for us the Saturday before Valentine’s Day! We spent last Saturday in the city where we ate a yummy dinner at the restaurant that smelled so good and then we walked around Fisherman’s Wharf. We came across an arcade museum with working (and a few creepy) old machines. It was a lot of fun to walk around and see so many different things and we even put a few quarters in to see what some of them would do.

V-DayMashup

On Valentine’s Day I received some beautiful flowers at my office (which I didn’t take a picture of. Oops!) and that night I came home to a wonderful fondue dinner - It was like eating at The Melting Pot, but in our own dining room! Dave had looked up the recipe for something similar to the mojo cooking style at The Melting Pot and prepared that with some chicken, steak, and shrimp for cooking. He also prepared mushrooms to cook in the fondue pot and made green goddess sauce to stuff them with. That is my favorite thing at The Melting Pot! I am one spoiled, and lucky, wife.

IMG_3709

I brought home a really nice bottle of wine to enjoy with our dinner and I made these red velvet Valentine cupcakes for my wonderful Valentine.

IMG_3714

And, of course, this post wouldn’t be complete without a picture of our little Valentine pup.

IMG_3713

I hope you had a wonderful Valentine’s Day!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my word.. that picture of the fondue looks SO good! We are going to need to have another go at it since the last time we tried it failed. Looks like a wonderful first Valentines in your new state =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!