Monday, December 6, 2010

Make

Today’s #reverb10 prompt: Make. What was the last thing you made? What materials did you use? Is there something you want to make, but you need to clear some time for it?

Lately I have been really crafty - and I don’t know where it is coming from.

The only time in my life when I would consider myself to have been crafty would be first grade. There was thing thing called “centers” time and my BFF, Kelly, and I would clean out the craft center by making all sorts of paper, pipe cleaner, glitter, felt, popsicle stick, etc. crafts. I remember the craft center being shut down for a week because we used up all of the supplies AND we still had to choose different centers the following week so other people could have a turn at the craft station. Lame.

Anyway, in the past few weeks I have made/designed countless holiday photo cards for friends and family, an advent wreath and, last night, I made my very own Christmas card holder. Every year we get a lot of Christmas cards from family and friends and I could never come up with a fun way of displaying them, outside of taping them on the wall (and re-taping them every time they fell off). Also, the card holders that you can buy are either really expensive or really bulky and hard to store the other 11 months of the year. So I needed a unique solution.

The other day I thought of displaying cards like laundry on a clothes line, except in a cuter way. I went to the craft store and bought holiday ribbon/rope, clothespins, decorative stickers and gel bumpers. I stuck the gel bumper on the gripping part of the clothespin (for a stronger hold), put a sticker on the top of the clothespin, hot glued the bumper and sticker on and hung the ribbon/rope on the wall using 3M clips and… voila! Custom and cute Christmas card holder! Now if only we would get some Christmas cards in the mail to display…

Christmas Card Display

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!