Monday, December 13, 2010

Action

Today’s #reverb10 prompt: Action. When it comes to aspirations, its not about ideas. It's about making ideas happen. What's your next step?

My next step is to wait. I know, it doesn’t sound exciting and it certainly isn’t moving me forward but it is what I need to do. Before I can take any action towards settling somewhere, buying a home or having kids I need to wait for Dave to graduate and be offered a job.

Sure, Dave doesn’t need to graduate for us to have kids, but on a grad student’s income it would be very difficult for us to do. More difficult than it needs to be. So we we are patient and just have to wait a little longer. We could also start the process of buying a house, but there’s always a chance that with Dave being so specialized in what he does that he could be offered a job in another city or even another state. With the housing market the way it is it just isn’t practical to buy a home and turn around and sell it in a year.

We’re in a sort of holding pattern right now. But believe me when I say we will spring into action the minute a job offer is on the table and Dave’s doctorate degree is in his hand. It will certainly be exciting to see how all of this plays out in the next few years. We can’t wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!