Thursday, December 2, 2010

Writing

Today’s #reverb10 prompt: Writing. What do you do each day that doesn't contribute to your writing -- and can you eliminate it?

I don't blog professionally (as a part of my job or as a way to promote myself in the business world) and I mostly talk about my life, what we do in life (activities, fun, family, etc.) and weird stuff that happens to us. So really, what doesn't contribute to my writing about my life? Work. Ha! Guess I can't eliminate that!

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my job, the organization I work for, the people I work with and what I do here. And for that, I'm really thankful. 

You could argue that work is a part of my life and I could write about that, but really my work life activities are not nearly as interesting as my personal life activities (not that what I do is that interesting to some people anyway). Plus, working for a nonprofit organization that serves low-income clients limits me to what I can talk about due to privacy issues.

So, until we strike it rich and retire at an early age, I’ll still be going to work and writing (mostly) about what I do and think about in my life outside of work. Lucky you ;-)

3 comments:

  1. I love your beautiful little corner of the interweb - and it is so Christmas-y!

    I hear you with the work related items - a lot of the same reasons why I try to keep mine out of my writing as well (but it sure does get in the way sometimes of writing a great post!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Had some time to read backwards...and then share the comment-love! :) Really enjoying your reverb project. :) Keep it up. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!