Saturday, March 20, 2010

A real pain in the ___

I have been really stressed out lately. I mean, REALLY stressed. There was a huge fundraiser for work that I was in charge of, my new supervisor started a just a few weeks ago, I am in two weddings this summer where I am planning showers and bachelorette parties, and the list goes on and on with my biggest stresses being work related. So, my wonderful mother, recognizing that I was going a little crazy offered to pay for a massage for me. Hooray!

I went on Thursday to get my massage from a local spa and it was amazing. But there was one weird thing...

When the masseuse got to massaging my butt area I felt a very sharp pain. Ouch! I had never felt anything like this before. I said, "Wow, that hurts! What could I have done to strain my muscle that way?" The masseuse said that that area is a place where some people store stress about money or job performance. Well, I don't know much about how stress is stored but with everything going on at work right now you bet I've been stressed about performance! It made sense to me.

Who knew! I can now officially say that work has caused a literal pain in my @$$. Go figure.

2 comments:

  1. Hilarious story. Sorry you've been under so much stress and pressure. Praying it gets better for you soon! Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha - OMG, I don't even know what to say! All that stress sure makes a fine lookin' tuckus, though!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!