Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I'm trying...

23Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, 24since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.

Colossians 3:23-24


So true, yet so very, very difficult. I have been struggling with this a lot lately. I am a perfectionist. I am controlling. I want to be the best at everything I attempt and I want to attempt everything. I have a need to know about everything going on so that I can contribute what I can to make whatever it is as successful as possible. I am passionate, competitive and take hits personally. I am human, I am a sinner and I am flawed.

But I'm trying to be better.

There's a lot more I could say about this and many an example I could tell you about, but I don't think I will. Maybe this is just something to ponder for a while. Maybe this is something to remember when I get frustrated. All I know is that I need to be better at leaving things to God, not taking things personally and remembering that I serve God, not men.

If anyone out there has found a way to do this without going crazy, let's talk. I'm up for guidance, wisdom, humbleness and learning. Please, God, work through me now - I need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!