Saturday, January 28, 2012

Bullet point updates

So… it has been a while since I’ve updated my little blog so I thought I’d give you the rundown of the last month in short, bullet point form. Sound good? Ok, let’s go!

  • I started my new job! I’m doing marketing for a winery and I am loving it! There is so much to learn and so much to do and I feel like I’ve been working a million hours since I started at the beginning of the month, which is why this blog has been so neglected. I’m still working on finding my new work/life balance, but it certainly helps to bring a little wine “work” home. Dave is certainly enjoying that part :-)
  • I got bangs. I haven’t had real bangs since about third grade and I’m not sure how I feel about this. Dave didn’t like them at first but he says he’s liking them more now. Maybe I’ll keep them, maybe I won’t but it has been a fun change.
  • Dave’s grandparents, aunt, and uncle took a trip to San Francisco and we were able to spend a day with them. We still can’t believe how close we live to that city - it’s like vacation is a few miles away at all times! Anyway, we visited some museums, ate clam soup out of bread bowls, and had a nice dinner in Japantown. But for some silly reason we didn’t take a picture of the whole group. Oops. So you’ll just have to settle for one of Dave and me.

IMG_3421

  • Dave finally received his diploma in the mail!
  • I have met some wonderful girlfriends since moving to California. I am enjoying getting to know these ladies on a deeper level and am so thankful for such great friends in our new home town.
  • I took a little girls trip to Vegas with some of my middle school buddies, Laura and Lisa (and Laura’s friend Jessie who I am just getting to know better). We had a spa day, saw some shows, tasted some yummy food, and had plenty of time for girl talk.

IMG_3500

  • My blog got a much needed makeover and finally lost the holiday look. What do you think?

That’s it for now. I’m going to try a lot harder to post regularly again so stay tuned. Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. I think the bangs are super cute! And, I love the new blog look. Congrats on the new job. That sounds really exciting.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!