Wednesday, September 28, 2011

My first blog award!

Thanks to Jane from A Few of My Favorite Things for my first blog award! Jane is so sweet and I just love reading about her cute dogs and her husband who is deployed overseas. You should check out her blog!

The rules are:
1. Thank the person who gave the award and link back to them in your post.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Pass this award along to up to 15 recently discovered blogs.

Here I go!

1. Baking is not a strength for me. Every thing I make has some sort of flaw… the batter overflows, I under or over bake it, cakes fall apart, icing falls off, etc. You name it, I’ve probably done it.

2. I recently developed a real interest in photography. I am loving learning to take better pictures and use the manual settings on my digital SLR camera. I’ve even considered starting a small photography business, but we’ll see ;-)

3. I love digital scrapbooking! If you haven’t heard of this, it is where you design scrapbook pages in Photoshop or another design program and then print out the pages in to scrapbooks. You don’t have to buy paper packs and elements and pens and scissors, etc. that are used up quickly (digital paper packs and elements are much cheaper (or free) and you can use them indefinitely), I can design and redesign something until it looks right to me without wasting paper or mis-cutting pictures, and digital scrapbooks are less bulky because the pages print flat. What’s not to love?!?

4. I love to color code things - it is my super power. Calendars, lists, the clothes in my closet… everything gets color coded. I think it drives Dave a little crazy.

5. I love camping in the mountains. Nothing beats sitting around a campfire with a beer in one hand and marshmallows on a stick in the other and mountains and pine trees all around you. Nothing.

6. I like going to museums. Any vacation or trip has to include some sort of historical activity or location. And if there are “reenactments” of something or living village type things (like Williamsburg) I’m all over it, and a total nerd.

7. I don’t like french fries. They taste funny and have a weird texture and I just don’t eat them… until recently when I discovered In-N-Out Burger’s Animal Fries - in that glorious mixture, the fries serve as a wonderful delivery device for the cheese, onions and special sauce. Yum! But other than that, I’m not a fry eater.

There you have it, a little more about me! Now I would like to pass this award along to:

Brianna from Brianna’s Blog
Matilda from The Adventures of Matilda
Cheryl from Nap Time in the New Happy Hour
Amanda from New Adventures

Happy Blogging, ladies!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you thank you for my award!!! I am loving photography too lately but learning my new camera seems impossible. There are so many dang settings! And be still my heart...I love color coded things too. You should see what I have done to my files at work :) But have to say I cant relate to the no french fry thing. Are you crazy?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving this whole post! lol I have camera envy. I haven't decided to take the leap and get a dslr camera but I'm working up to it. Mostly, working up to the price tag. lol. I love digital scrapbooking! I just (as in 5 hours ago) got actual digital scrapbooking software so I don't have to fake it in Publisher and I'm so excited! In college I took all my notes with one of those super dorky pens with different colors so I could color code headings, subheadings, notes and highlighted notes. lol And, I could not agree with you more about camping. My husband is a total city boy and he has never been camping! We are going as soon as he gets back next year. Because, you hit the nail on the head, camping+ mountains+ beer+ marshmallows= the best way to spend a weekend ever!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!