Monday, October 12, 2009

What happened to Fall?

Summer was winding down - the days were still warm and sunny but the evenings were beginning to be crisp and cool. The leaves were just beginning to change colors and some had even begun to fall... then the temperature plummeted and in came the snow. For two days it snowed and I don't believe the temperature outside got above 35 degrees.

I spent the homecoming football game of my alma mater in 28 degree weather and even long underwear, snow boots, thick gloves, toasty toes, hot hands and turtle fur couldn't keep me warm for the entire four hours that I was outside.

This morning there was still an inch of snow frozen to the ground and I had to brush at least two inches of snow off of my car. Most of the trees on my way to work are now bare since the snow did a fantastic job of knocking off all but a few of the leaves. It looks like it is January outside.

What happened to Fall?

2 comments:

  1. That's a really good question! I love fall and am really not ready for winter. Oh well. The weather is supposed to be fall-like again by the end of the week and into the weekend.

    So good to see you yesterday! Thanks so much for coming down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I miss the Colorado snow...but this truly is a bit too early! Enjoy the fall like weather to come in the next few days!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!