Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Snow Pup

We are in the middle of our first heavy snow storm here in Colorado. I knew some sort of storm was coming, but I certainly wasn't ready for so much so fast! Right now there are at least eight inches on the ground and it is still coming down. I'm definitely thankful that all utilities are paid at our new apartment - crank up the heat!

This is our first big snow with Gromit as a part of our family and he seems to really enjoy playing in it. He has had a blast bounding around in it even though it is deeper than he is tall. Silly dog.



The funniest thing about Gromit being in the snow is that by the time he comes inside there are snow balls stuck on his legs and tummy. Let me show you what I mean:

One leg


Front legs


Tummy and back legs


It takes us 20 minutes to get all of the frozen snow off of his fur and even longer for him to dry off. I know I've joked about getting him doggie boots before, but I think I have a pretty good argument for them now!

Gromit is warming up by the fireplace and we're about to enjoy a delicious dinner so I had better get going. Stay warm Coloradans!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!