Friday, December 30, 2011

Deliciously Vegan Fridays


Welcome to another edition of Deliciously Vegan Fridays! I’m a little late posting today but, hey, it’s the holidays; can you blame me? Anyway, on to this week’s recipe: Chocolate - Blueberry Crumble.

I found this recipe in Vegan on the Cheap. Blueberries are a little out of season so I used frozen and I think they worked out great. I was a little intimidated by the vegan margarine, but it really wasn’t bad :-)

Chocolate-Blueberry Crumble

Ingredients:
2 cups fresh or thawed frozen blueberries
1/2 cup vegan semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup plus 2 Tbsp sugar
Grated zest of 1 lemon
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup quick oats
3/4 cup vegan margarine, melted
2 tsp ground cinnamon

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350. In a large bowl, combine the blueberries, chocolate chips, 2 tablespoons of sugar, and zest, mixing well. Spread the mixture evenly into a 9-inch pie plate. Set aside.

IMG_3336

2. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, oats, remaining 1/2 cup sugar, margarine, and cinnamon. Mix until crumbly. (I think I mis-measured and used too much margarine so mine was not quite crumbly. Oops!)

IMG_3342

3. Sprinkle the mixture evenly on top of the blueberries. Bake until the top is lightly browned, about 25 minutes.

IMG_3344

4. Cool on a wire rack at least 15 minutes before serving. Serve warm spooned into bowls.

IMG_3348

On a scale of 10, we would give it an 8. It would be the perfect dessert after a light meal. Tons of chocolate, tons of blueberries, and a little bit of crunch. Yum!

That’s my recipe for the week. If you made a vegan recipe and would like to share be sure to link up below. Happy Friday!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!