Tuesday, December 13, 2011

All I want for Christmas is… a mantle!

When we moved into our house in California one of my favorite things about the house was the fireplace, but I noticed that one thing was missing - a mantle!

IMG_3017

Luckily I married a smart and handy engineer who told me that he could build me a mantle and use some existing holes in the brick to support it - so that we wouldn’t damage anything. What more could a girl ask for?!?

A few weeks ago we went to Home Depot to get some wood, braces, and stain - and so began the building process. Dave soon took over the garage cutting wood, staining, and gluing. This weekend he finished up and he installed the final product:

IMG_3020

It’s a mantle! And it is so beautiful! And my favorite part about it is that Dave made it for us. It just makes the home more complete, don’t you think? And I’m so glad he got it up just in time for Christmas. My nativity set and stockings needed a place to live!

IMG_3036

Now it’s starting to feel more like Christmas! Thank you Dave for doing such a fantastic job - you’re the best husband ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!