Monday, May 9, 2011

Monday morning prayer for Grandma

A week and a half ago my grandmother went in to have minor back surgery. Long story short, after numerous irregular pre-op tests she is not able to have back surgery. Instead, at 78 years old, she will be having triple bypass surgery this morning.
 Grandma & Dad April 2011

So today, Lord, I pray…

I pray for the surgeons’ hands - for You to guide them and keep them steady during surgery.

I pray for the surgeons’ heads - for clarity and no distracting thoughts during the procedure and for the appropriate knowledge to handle any complications that may arise.

I pray for the operating team’s hearts - that they would love and care for Grandma as her family loves and cares for her.

I pray for Grandma - for You to give her peace about the surgery and for comfort knowing that You are with her.

I pray for my extended family - to give us peace about the surgery, trust in Your plan for Grandma and our family, and the right words to share with Grandma before and after the procedure.

If you’re feeling up to it, feel free to join me in prayer; I know that my family and I would appreciate it. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers.

4 comments:

  1. Our whole family will be praying for her this morning, keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Know that I am praying with you! Aunt P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah,
    We are all thinking of her and praying for her. As you said, for peace, comfort, strength, and the surgeon's hands. Please let us know news when you have some. We love you and the family!!
    Love, Becky

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm praying too! May the surgery go smoothly!

    Brianna

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!