Thursday, April 7, 2011

Home again

We are finally home! Actually, we got back on Sunday night but it has taken us a while to recover from the trip. I’m still not completely unpacked, there are piles of laundry waiting for me and as crazy as it seems, I am still getting back in the habit of working. Haha! It was a good trip, a fun trip, but I am so glad to be home with my husband and pup.

Sunday was a fun day with my family - before heading to the airport to catch our flight out of Tennessee we decided to visit the actual Chattanooga Choo Choo. There wasn’t much to it, the train is parked at what used to be the main train station, but it has since been converted into a hotel. The train cars have been converted into hotel rooms and you can stay in them overnight. The only thing you can do as a tourist though is climb into the engine and take some pictures. Oh, and visit the gift shop. It was pretty neat to see the train, but if we are ever in Tennessee again, we would like to stay inside the train for the full experience ;-)

Choo Choo

Have you ever had a Moon Pie? The gift shop at the Choo Choo had tons of them and my family went nuts. I think we all bought a Moon Pie of each flavor - chocolate, vanilla, banana and orange. I had never had one before and they were pretty good!

After our train adventure we headed to the airport to catch our flight home. We saw some very cool clouds during the flight and it was nice to be able to sleep on the plane, until our stopover in Kansas City where there were thunderstorms and our flight back to Denver was delayed. It was no big deal, especially after my last experience having flights delayed, and I knew I would get home eventually.

clouds

We had a great time on the trip, but we are also glad to be home and really glad to have Gromit back from puppy camp! Now to go and tackle all of that laundry…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!