Monday, May 24, 2010

New beginnings

Today was my first day at my new job and I am so excited! Here are just a few highlights of what made it so great:
  • I was given an office - an actual office - with four walls, a door and a window that looks into the lobby
  • My office has a desk, two lamps, a bookcase and two chairs - there's so much room!
  • Direct deposit - no more paper checks!
  • A really caring and open boss
  • Being invited to lunch with some of my new co-workers
  • Having my calendar quickly fill up with meetings (hey, I love meetings and getting to know new people)
  • Starting to plan new awareness and fundraising events
  • Finding out that Thursdays are Spanish lesson days where anyone interested can join in learning Spanish with Rosetta Stone software
The list goes on and on. I am so excited to get things organized and arranged so that I can do the best job possible. I am so excited to be in this new position and can't wait for all of the wonderful things that lay ahead of me.

And I want to thank my loving and supportive husband who took me shopping for office decorations tonight at 9:30. What a guy!

Bring on tomorrow, I'm so ready!



1 comment:

  1. I'm so jealous you have an actual office!!! I'm rocking the cubicle still...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!