Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Forget the tank, I just need to not own a vehicle

My bad luck with cars continues. Let's recap. There was the April 2008 accident, the July and August 2009 accidents and now the January 2010 vandalism. At least I wasn't in the car when it happened this time - I guess that's an improvement.

I went out to brush the snow off of my car before going to work and discovered that there was a HUGE dent in the frame between the passenger door and the front windshield. The windshield was shattered and the passenger window was scratched badly. After looking around the car I found a half empty beer can and a trailer hitch laying on the ground. I picked up the trailer hitch (with gloves on) and discovered yellow paint on the ball. It looked like someone had taken the trailer hitch and bashed it into the frame of my car causing the frame to bend in and put pressure on the windshield causing the shattering. This was not the way I wanted to start my work day.



 

I spent the rest of my morning on the phone with the insurance company and the police department. Eventually an officer came over to take the trailer hitch and see if they could get fingerprints off of it but I haven't heard back if they actually found anything.

I just got my car back and it is looking good. Too bad I had to pay the $500 deductible to get it repaired. Keep praying that this is the last issue that I/we have with our cars - I can't take much more of this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!