Tuesday, September 30, 2008

I guess it's time

Some might say that I'm a little chubby... I've always been a little bit jiggly. I went to the doctor a few weeks ago for an annual check-up and to my surprise I weighed ###! Ouch! I've never been that heavy before. I've tried Weight Watchers in the past but "healthy" food is getting more and more expensive for our tight budget and I also find I simply don't have the time (or patience) to prepare meals from scratch every day, which they say is better for you.

One thing that I know I am missing from my life is regular physical activity. I used to be involved in marching band and therefore was moving around a football field four days a week for at least two hours each day. I never got into a habit of going to work out at a gym or anywhere else.

Yesterday I joined a gym and I am determined to go 2-3 days a week after work. It is my goal to lose 40 pounds so I can be healthier and so I can better fit into my clothes. I hope I can stay motivated and focused! I'll let you know how it goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!