Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Foreigner

My job is constantly busy, crazy and stressful but there are also some awesome perks. Wine is one of those perks. There is always an open bottle somewhere near by and whenever I am at a work event there is plenty of the stuff to pass around. Another perk is that I work on a property surrounded by rolling hills and vineyards, so you can’t complain about the scenery. Hmmm… pictures of the property would make another great blog post soon…

Anyway, one of the most fun perks is that the winery where I work puts on a summer concert series with some pretty big acts. This year, I have been put in charge of running the meet & greet sessions with the artists before/after the concert. It’s not that big of a deal, I gather contact info for all of the people with meet & greet passes so I can email them their photos after the concert and just direct people as they are in line waiting for their photo to be taken. See, not super exciting.

BUT at the first concert, after all of the meet & greet people went through the line and had their photo taken I was asked if I wanted MY picture with the band. Um, heck yes! So here is my photo with the band Foreigner (and our super cute intern).

FORIEGNER 0022

Please excuse the fact that I look like a hot mess after running around in 103 degree heat all day and did not expect to have my picture taken.

Foreigner put on a great show and had the whole venue on their feet for practically the entire performance. At one point the lead singer came off the stage, jumped up on someone’s table (people are seated at tables because they get dinner before the concert), grabbed a bottle of open wine off of the table and took a big drink. I was fun to watch!

There are a few more concerts this summer so I hope to have more pictures to share as the concert season goes on. And for next concert I’ll be sure to be better prepared for the camera :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!