Friday, February 25, 2011

Welcome to the world!

It is my pleasure to introduce to you, Miss Kyla Ann.


Kyla was born on Tuesday evening to one of my oldest (as in long time, not age) friends, Jessy, and her husband, Steve. She was a week past her due date and everyone was anxiously awaiting her arrival. We are so glad she has finally arrived!

 

Jessy and I have known each other since Kindergarten and we grew up three blocks away from each other. We've been through almost everything together including first sleepovers, first days of school, playing Barbies, sliding down the laundry chute in her house, boyfriends, breakups, doing each others hair and makeup, being in each others weddings and now, experiencing the miracle of life. I never would have imagined that 20+ years after meeting Jessy I would be at the hospital during the labor and delivery of her first child. Wow. I am so in awe of how we have grown together and of all of the things we have experienced together over the years.

I was so amazing to hold this tiny person who was inside one of my best friends for the last nine months. Pregnancy and childbirth is such an amazing miracle and I can not wait for the day when I get to experience it first-hand, and not just from the sidelines. Even Dave is now a little more excited about adding a member to our family in the future after holding Kyla.


Sorry for the poor pictures. I was waaaaay too excited about just getting some pictures to bother to fix the camera settings for the low light in the room. Oops.

Congratulations to Jessy and Steve! She is beautiful and perfect and I can't wait to watch her become who she is meant to be. Welcome to the world, Kyla!


1 comment:

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!