Monday, May 3, 2010

Bangs, birthdays and bikes

It has been a crazy busy weekend. But I've had an amazing time!

About a week ago I started thinking about changing my hair style. It was just long - I didn't have any layers or tapering or anything - and I was getting bored with it. I took a quick Facebook poll and decided to have bangs cut into my hair. Once the decision was made I quickly made the appointment so that I couldn't change my mind. I went in on Friday, held my breath and let the stylist work her magic. Viola! Bangs! I'm still getting used to them but I do really like them. The picture is a little grainy because it was taken with my phone, but you get the idea.



Saturday was my 26th birthday and it made me realize that I am one spoiled girl. So many family and friends called, texted and wrote on my Facebook wall with sweet birthday wishes - it made me so grateful for all of the wonderful people in my life. What a lucky (and humbled) girl I am to have so many people thinking about me on my special day! That night we went out to dinner at a Hibachi restaurant to celebrate both mine and Dave's birthdays (his birthday was last Saturday and we had a special dinner. We like to celebrate our collective birthdays with all of our friends on the same night). Here's a picture of everyone who was able to go to dinner with us that night.


After dinner Dave, Trisha, Jessy and I headed out to enjoy a few drinks. All in all we had a great night and it was really fun to catch up with some of our friends who we don't get to hang out with all that much with our busy schedules. It was a great birthday!


On Sunday morning I had to work at my organization's Poker Run (motorcyclists riding together from stop to stop picking up a playing card at each stop and gathering at the end to see who has the best poker hand). I handed out cards, took pictures of all the motorcycles and even got a ride on our executive director's trike! It was fun, but really scary to be traveling at 65 mph down the highway with nothing but a helmet, jeans, flip flops and windbreaker keeping me from the elements and the ground below. I survived!


Well, it was a busy but awesome weekend. Now, bring on the rest of this week!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!