Friday, November 20, 2009

So Egg-citing!

In my job I get to do some very interesting and unique things. Yesterday I was able to meet the man who holds the Guinness Book of World Records title as the fastest omelet maker, Howard Helmer. He can make 427 omelets in 30 minutes and a single omelet, from cracking the egg to placing the omelet on the plate, in 41 seconds.

He was making omelets for our staff, volunteers and even clients to help celebrate Thanksgiving. He is so full of energy and just a hoot to be around. His looks, voice, mannerisms and corny egg jokes reminded me of Mel Brooks. After every omelet made he would exclaim, "Oh what a beautiful omelet!" Too funny! He cracked me up and I very much enjoyed meeting him.

Here is a picture of us pretending to make omelets, which was his idea for the photo.




It was sure an egg-celent day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!