Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Oh yes, it's Ladies Night

I've only been married for six months, but already I've learned that sometimes you just need a night with the ladies away from your husbands. So I gathered some of my local married friends and we headed to The Melting Pot for their monthly Ladies Night!

I'm sure that fondue isn't great for Weight Watchers (I don't even want to know how many POINTS I ate), but it sure is good for the spirit and for the stomach. The evening began with delicious Mediterranean cheese fondue with bread, apple, carrot, cauliflower and celery dippers followed by an entree of chicken, teriyaki sirloin, shrimp, ravioli, red potatoes, broccoli, squash and mushrooms cooked in Coq Au Vin with some great dipping sauces on the side followed by DELICIOUS s'mores chocolate fondue with strawberry, banana, marshmallow, pound cake, brownie and cheesecake dippers. YUM!

During the course of the evening our table won a gift bag complete with a chocolate fondue bar to use at home and some great meat seasoning. We also got two $10 off coupons each since our scheduled 10-minute neck massages were running behind schedule. What a night!

So what was Dave doing while I was out stuffing my face and having fun? My enginerd (an affectionate pet name I have for him) got together with three of his friends and they had a LAN Party. For those of you who don’t know what that is, it’s when you get together with your computers, hook them together and play computer games. I’m told it’s very exciting…

All in all it was a great night and I would love to do it again with any lady who is interested. Let me know so we can plan it out and give our husbands/boyfriends/significant others time to hook their computers together…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!