Thursday, July 4, 2013

Happy 4th of July!

Happy 4th of July, my favorite holiday! We had a great day spending time together as a family since Dave is still on paternity leave and I had the day off of work! We started our morning with some patriotic pancakes. I’m a sucker for themed food on holidays!

IMG_20130704_095012

I then tried to make some patriotic cake pops but failed horribly. Seriously, baking and I don’t get along. Some day I will master making cake pops, but today wasn’t that day. It was so bad that I didn’t even take pictures.

Later in the afternoon we went to a friend’s house for a BBQ dinner and we had a great time! After dinner we were sitting around chatting and I gave Carter a bottle. All of a sudden he started laughing at me! Then if I pretended to laugh it made him laugh even more! It was the most we have ever heard him laugh and it was so cute! Everyone at the BBQ was laughing at how funny and cute he was. Luckily Dave was able to catch the tail end of the laughing streak on video. Check it out:

After chatting we headed out to watch our city’s fireworks. Well, sort of. Our city shoots them off at a local college and charges $20 per carload to view them up close, so being the cheap-os we are we found a nearby spot to park and watch for free. Ha! ‘Merica! Carter seemed to be watching the fireworks and enjoyed them. It was nice that they were further away so the booms and bangs weren’t loud enough to scare him.

IMG_7205

It was a great day and I’m so glad we got to spend it with friends. Happy Independence Day!

IMG_7206

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!