Monday, October 8, 2012

Think Pink!

ZTA - 49ers

One of the coolest things about my sorority is our philanthropy - breast cancer education and awareness. And one of the more public things we do to raise awareness is partner with NFL teams across the country to be the official fan outreach partner for the NFL's "A Crucial Catch" campaign. Our collegiate and alumnae members hand out pink ribbons, shower cards and other educational information on early detection of breast cancer.

Yesterday Dave and I went to the San Francisco 49ers game with some of the gals from my alumnae chapter to hand out pink ribbons before the game and we had a great time! Dave was great at getting the guys to wear the pink ribbons - I think I’ll bring him back every year!

After we handed out all of the ribbons we were able to go and enjoy the football game. I was excited to see so many football players wearing pink shoes, gloves, chinstraps and towels. It was interesting to be rooting for a team that was actually winning… by a lot! I will always love my Broncos, but I think I may also become a 49ers fan. Better than being a Raiders fan, right? Ha!

It was a long day, but certainly worth spreading the word about early detection. If you are interested in getting monthly breast health reminders then sign up at TakeChargeThinkPink.com. Happy Breast Cancer Awareness Month!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!