Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine fun

Happy day after Valentine’s Day! I hope you all had fun celebrating with the ones you love, even if that means you celebrated with yourself!

Our Valentine's celebration began on Sunday when Dave planned for us to go see The King’s Speech in the afternoon. I know that movie has won many awards recently so I figured it was worth going to check out, and it did not disappoint! We really enjoyed the movie and would recommend it to you if you haven't seen it yet. That night Dave planned for us to go to Cracker Barrel for dinner because I had never been there before (hard to believe, I know) and I absolutely love "country" foods. My diet was broken for a day and I indulged in country fried steak, mashed potatoes, fried okra, mac & cheese and the most delicious cake ever - double chocolate fudge Coca-Cola cake.  The whole meal was heaven! We went home happy and full. I will admit, all of that "unhealthy" food made me a little sick, but it was totally worth it.



At work on Valentine's Day I received a beautiful bouquet of tulips, an "I Love You" sign, a small box of chocolates and bath soak, salts and body wash from my very sweet and thoughtful husband. That man knows me so well! I sure am one lucky woman.

DSC06857

I also delivered a little something special for Dave while he was at work on Valentine's Day. I brought him a basket full of candies, including cute chocolates shaped like lips, a giant balloon and an invitation to a special romantic dinner later that night. Please excuse his messy desk; apparently this is what "genius at work" looks like ;-)

IMAG0374

That night we had a candlelight dinner with steak, lobster, potatoes, salad, wine and a giant heart-shaped cookie (which I made and didn't burn!) for dessert. The cookie icing sort of ran together and my "Be Mine" looked a little funny, but Dave still appreciated the effort. Even Gromit got some special treats that day including a soft-food dinner, a red bone and a stuffed duck toy that quacks when he bites it.

VDay Strip

It was a great Valentine's Day weekend and celebration and I would say the best we have ever had. I hope you had fun, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!