I have a lot of random thoughts and happenings, but nothing worthy of its own post. So here we go, welcome to my brain!
- Dave has been out of town giving a presentation on the last seven years of research he has done while working towards his PhD at a national research laboratory.
- Because Dave is gone, I have been completely unmotivated to make myself dinner. Not because I don’t want to eat, but because it is a lot of effort to make a healthy meal for only one person. This is bad news for my diet.
- Gromit seems to be protesting Dave’s absence by ripping apart the wrappers on our Duraflame logs.
- It has been FREEZING cold lately. Actually, it has been below freezing here… as in -15 degrees. In the sub-zero temperatures I have been putting a sweater and snow boots on Gromit for walks. Laugh if you want, but the boots protect his paws from frostbite and also from being irritated by all of the de-icing chemicals being put all over the sidewalks. Once we get outside he doesn’t seem to mind having the boots on.
- I had to make a brunch item for a potluck meeting this morning. In one of my fun cookbooks I found a recipe for baked french toast and decided to give it a try. It turned out great! Let me know if you want the recipe.
- My mom, my sister, Kelly, and I have booked plane tickets to go to one of Daché’s bridal showers in Texas! I am so excited to be able to spend some more time with her and my brother before they get married in just two months!
- I am really getting into digital scrapbooking and am almost done with our 2010 album. Every once in a while I read some digital scrapping blogs for new ideas and products and a couple days ago I came across this cute desktop background from Shabby Princess that you can download for FREE and customize with your own pictures. Cool, huh?
Ok, well I think that covers all of my random thoughts… for now. I hope you all are staying warm in whatever part of the world you’re in!