Thursday, April 15, 2010

Happy Birthday Gromit!

OK, before I get too far into this post I just want to say yes, I'm a little crazy; yes, I treat my dog much like I would my own child; yes, we may have gone a little overboard. Good, we have that out of the way.

Gromit turned 3 yesterday - and it also marked a year since we adopted him from the Humane Society. We love that little dog soooooo much and we can't remember life without him! We are so happy that he is ours. He loves everyone and everyone loves him. We decided to celebrate the occasion with  party!

I made a dog-friendly Peanut Butter Carrot Cake for Gromit from this recipe I found online. It was so good that Dave and I also had a piece.


We also gave Gromit a couple of gifts. A big bone which he still hasn't finished.


And a bike trailer so that he can come with us on bike rides. (Please remember my statements at the beginning of this post, they should make more sense after reading this)



We had a lot of fun celebrating Gromit's birthday and adoption and we look forward to having him around for many, many years!

3 comments:

  1. I'm with ya on treating our dog like a child! But I love her so much that I can't think of her like she's just a dog. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, that bike trailer is the cutest thing ever! Gromit is such a sweet little dog!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!