Sunday, December 20, 2009

Road trip: Day 4

It has been a terribly long day and it is just now coming to an end. Finally!



After a Texas-shaped waffle for breakfast we went to Curtis' church to watch him play this morning. He is such a gifted musician and worship leader! I always enjoy listening to him play.

After a quick stop for shaved ice we set off on the long journey home with seven grown adults and their luggage crammed into a tiny minivan. It has certainly been an interesting ride. People are starting to really get on each others nerves and once again I am thankful that I can sleep in the car in almost any position with almost any background noise happening. If this were not the case then I don't know how I could survive this trip!

We are about an eight hour drive from home and while I am thrilled to be leaving the cramped minivan and sibling bickering, I will miss spending time with my family. These road trips remind me of our family vacations over many years and I have some very fond memories of those trips. This will be another one for the memory books!

It's late and I'm exhausted so goodnight from Texas one last time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!