Sunday, June 5, 2011

Weekend wrap up

We had a wonderful and relaxing weekend - and the weather was beautiful! Ahhhhh… I love weekends like this!

On Friday night we went to the drive-in theater which is one of our very favorite summer activities. We LOVE being able to pack our picnic dinner, bring Gromit and just hang out in the comfort of our car and watch two movies for only $6 each! We have a Honda Element and the front seats lay down to match up with the rear seats and if you sit in the back it is like sitting on lounge chairs while watching the movie out the windshield. I would go every weekend if I could (and if the movies changed that frequently).

IMG_7473

On Saturday Dave had to work and I went to Bible study in the morning then went home to get some cleaning and laundry done. We weren’t home last weekend so it was nice to get some of those pesky chores accomplished. In between loads of laundry, vacuuming and cleaning bathrooms I managed to find this super cute headband to wear to my cousin’s bridal shower next weekend. We are supposed to wear hats and I couldn’t find a hat locally that I might actually wear again, so I decided to get this. I think it will look cute with my turquoise dress. What do you think?

My other cousin, Malisa, was also out hat shopping for the same bridal shower and she told me about this awesome phone app called GeoQpons. Have you heard of it? It pulls up coupons and deals for stores near you and there was a coupon for an extra 15% off of your purchase at Kohl’s, where she got her hat. I went in to Kohl’s to check out the hats but didn’t find any that I fell in love with. I did, however, fall in love with two shirts and bought those with my 15% off coupon. Score!

On Sunday we slept in, took a nice walk to get a newspaper and enjoyed a lovely breakfast of  muffins and mimosas. After some coupon clipping we headed out for our weekly shopping trip to get groceries (super exciting, I know). BUT there is a new King Soopers Marketplace (Kroger) that just opened up in our town so Dave and I went to go check it out. All I can say is holy cow. This grocery store is super fancy! They have a sushi bar, wing bar, cooking demos, furniture section, home decor, baby gear and more! We were even able to grind our own ‘honey roasted’ peanut butter! I hear that these marketplace stores may not be so new in other parts of the country, but we are certainly impressed with our ‘new’ store.  I think we’ll be shopping there from now on…

The rest of tonight will be spent watching the MTV Movie Awards and possibly giving Gromit a bath. It has been a pleasant and relaxing weekend! What did you do this weekend?

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited to go to the drive inn this summer! That is one of my favorite things to do too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!