Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Another wild wedding weekend

Whew! I have survived another wild wedding weekend! This past weekend our good friends Jessy and Steve were married and we are so happy for them.

The festivities began on Thursday night with Jessy's bachelorette party. As the Maid (Matron) of Honor I had the privilege of planning that gathering. It was a golf-themed party and all of the party attendees were instructed to wear their best golf-themed attire including knee high socks, polo shirts, sweater vests or anything argyle or plaid.  I called it "Jessy's 9 Hole Bachelorette Classic" and each bar that we were going to visit was a different hole. I also made foam visors for the party attendees with "Caddy Crew" written on the sides. I made a score card for each hole with two or three tasks that Jessy had to complete at that hole before we could continue to the next. I was so excited and I knew we were going to have a great time.


We met up at Jessy's mom's house and then after a bit of a late start we headed out to The Cheesecake Factory for a delicious dinner and then went to the first hole (bar). We had so much fun that we only made it to two bars before we all decided we were tired and needed to go sleep. After all, it was 1:00 in the morning when we decided to leave.

We got up on Friday morning and went to get manicures and pedicures done so we could all look and feel pretty for the wedding. I got acrylic nails which I haven't had in years. I am still getting used to having those on my nails but Dave is certainly enjoying the back rubs with them on, so I guess they'll be on for at least a little while.

When our nails were done we all headed over to the church for the wedding rehearsal. Despite some lost in-laws and bridal party members everything went well. The rehearsal dinner was fantastic and Jessy's mom and her friends really outdid themselves with all of the homemade food. Everyone had a great time and had to be rolled out the door after eating all of the delicious food!

The wedding day was finally here and Jessy and I headed out to a salon to get our hair done. Nerves and emotions were running high. I took Jessy's phone away from her so that she wouldn't be stressed out by phone calls coming in about wedding details but she still somehow managed to sneak the phone out of my purse a few times.

I went to put on my dress and there was a broken tooth in the zipper of my bridesmaid dress. .It took three people pulling hard to get the zipper over the broken tooth and the dress was on! And then the zipper split right where the broken tooth was. NO! It was 30 minutes until the wedding and I was panicked as people were working on trying to fix my dress without the bride seeing. Dave came to try to help and ended up taking the zipper pull completely off and re-attaching it. Then I had someone sew the two sides of the zipper together before it split again and that held up all night. Thank goodness!

We finally got everyone ready, dressed and looking beautiful and we headed to the church to get Jessy married! The ceremony was beautiful. We took some pictures with the photographer and headed across the street to the reception to dance the night away.


The food was great and everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves. When it came to toasting time I gave the toast I had prepared and there wasn't a dry eye in the place! Overall it was a great day for a great couple. We wish you a very happy ever after, Jessy and Steve!

The bride and groom



                      

After the past couple of months of bridal showers, bachelorette parties, traveling, rehearsal dinners, getting ready, having pictures taken, wedding ceremonies and receptions I am ready for vacation - or just a long nap.

1 comment:

  1. I love your idea for the bachelorette party. So creative!!! And, I loved your dress. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!