Thursday, March 26, 2009

What happened to Spring?

On Saturday and Sunday it was so nice outside! It was about 72 degrees and I was able to enjoy my weekend with the windows and back door wide open, letting in some glorious fresh, Spring air.

Today it was about 30 degrees and as of right now there are 8 inches of snow on the ground and it's still coming down. The food bank closed at 11:00 because of the blizzard-like conditions and we're not re-opening until at least 10:00 tomorrow morning so that all employees, volunteers and clients have a safe drive in. Even Dave's lab closed at noon!

All afternoon I've been curled up on the couch in my living room with Dave playing video games while a nice roaring fire is being kept up in the fireplace. After dinner I'm looking forward to some hot chocolate and a good movie while cuddling with my hubby. Maybe it's OK that fireplace and hot chocolate season isn't over quite yet...

1 comment:

  1. Isn't that crazy?!?
    I just found out that I don't have school today either (St. Vrain) AND Spring Break starts today! How ironic!!

    Enjoy your cuddling!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!